Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Marker Tapping Garden

Another summery card that I made using the Marker Tapping Technique by Technique Junkies. I liked this simple card, thinking I might use it for one of June's Class Cards but decided to use another technique instead. I feel as though I still haven't given this lovely set-Watercolor Trio it's due! LOL
Does anyone else ever feel like that? I have played so much with Elements of Style and neglected the rest of the Summer Mini sets I think!
The Card Base is Certainly Celery as well as the strip across, embossed with the new Square Lattice folder which is so textured! I find myself using it so often! The background technique is on watercolor paper because I decided after doing the marker tapping and spraying it with water, I like the muted look after it dried. The greeting and flowers are stamped on Shimmery White CS using Celery, Regal Rose and Pumpkin Pie Markers. The Butterfly is stamped using the Baja Breeze Pad. The greeting was stamped using the Regal Rose pad and punched out with the large oval punch and layered on a Scallop Oval punched out of Regal Rose CS. The flowers were stamped off first and then stamped over the greeting. I used the paper piercer around the scallop circle along with the white gel pen. The scallop edge border was punched out of Regal Rose CS and then paper pierced and adhered along the adge of the textured Celery strip. The Pink Satin Ribbon completes the card! I aften like small details like paper piercing and texture which adds so much but still makes the card sendable without too much bulk. Other accessories: Big shot, Scallop circle die #2, Circle Scissor Plus and Glass Mat. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...