Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Flower Field

This card was inspired by the cover of a book I just recently read! I also have been itching to use my brayer and create some kind of scene with Spring approaching! I started with a Whisper White Panel and brayered the sky with Bashful Blue ink first and then stamped the foliage adding a few inked flowers on the bottom half. Then I brayered the bottom half sides with Pear Pizzazz, leaving the middle part to add in River Rock and Crumb Cake all with the brayer.
I added a few extra flowers and sponged a line of Old Olive in the middle to create a break between sky and land! Using the brayer I added Marina Mist to the very top of the sky and edges of the panel as well as adding Garden Green to the very bottom to darken the edges!

White Gel Pen highlights were added for detail. I used the Spritzer Tool and Crumb Cake Marker just along the bottom middle part. 
~Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Occasional Quotes (L-3)
~Paper: Pear CS, Whisper White CS, Bashful Blue CS, Peach CS.
~Inks: Versa mark, Classic Pads; Pear Old Olive, Garden Green, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, River Rock, Crumb Cake, Markers; Peach, Daffodil..
~Accessories: White EP, Heat Gun, Basic Pearls, Brayer, Decorative Label Punch, Modern Label Punch, Itty Bitty flower Punch, White Gel Pen, Color Spritzer.

3 comments:

Debbie Martin said...

Very beautiful. Looks like spring to me!
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Really makes me think of spring, too! Interesting that your inspiration came from a book cover. Just enough detail to make it really stand out! Nice job!

Fresh Flowers Italy said...

Hi,

This is so beautiful. Flower field guides are a great way to explore nature while hiking or even just taking a stroll in your neighborhood. It is important to remember that the same flower may bloom in different colors, and this will be noted in the guide. Thanks...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...