Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Masked Circle Bird

This was a fun card that sort of just came together! The background is watercolor paper stamped with the Netting background stamp using Pool Party ink which actually adds even more of a texture look! Don't ask me why I stamped this on watercolor paper?.....it's a mystery to me why I do some of these things...BUT I liked it so I then added the flowers using Soft Suede ink. The bird was stamped with Suede ink on Shimmery White CS and punched out and then sponged with Pool Party ink and then sponged around the edges with Suede ink. The Branch was inked up with Lucky Limeade Marker and punched out and then sponged with Old Olive. I cut out the scallop circle using the Scallop Circle #2 die and Pool Party CS.
For the center circle that is masked; I cut out a 3" Circle  using the 3" Die and Shimmery Wt. CS. I cut out an extra 3" circle on scrap CS and then punched out a 2-1/2" circle with the punch on scrap CS. I placed the 2-1/2" Scrap circle centered on the 3" scrap circle and traced around it and then lined up the 2-1/2" punch on the traced circle and punched it out, this created a mask to lay over the main circle for stamping. I then stamped the Netting and sponged around the mask lightly on the main 3" circle with the same colors and stamps to match the background.
All layers were lightly sponged with Soft Suede ink.
The Scallop with the Vintage brad in the middle is the new Lace Ribbon Punch. I cut out one scallop and then added a 1" punched white circle behind it and a brad in the middle...something different with that punch!
~Stamps: Language of Friendship, Netting.
~Paper: Pool Party, Soft Suede, Watercolor Paper, Shimmery White CS.
~Ink: Soft Suede, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Old Olive, More Mustard marker.
~Accessories: Big Shot, Scallop die #2, Circle 3" die, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Lace Trim, Vintage Brads, Dimensionals, Sponge.

1 comment:

Patti Willey said...

This look is perfect for this stamp set Cherie! Beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...