Friday, July 27, 2012

Flowers in the Moonlight

For this card I sponged some Summer Starfruit ink through the middle of the panel first and then brayered Primrose ink on the bottom half. I then added Island Indigo ink around the edges toward the middle, applying very lightly through the middle and finished with Midnight Muse.
 Each time I use my brayer on Glossy CS, I'm amazed at the different outcome. Each color added with different amounts of pressure on the brayer offers a different look each time! For these cards I used very light pressure on the brayer but rolled over the portion of CS as many times as it took to get a smooth, no line application. As in the other two cards, bleach painted around the flowers to highlight and dotted around the moon with a toothpick for stars!
I also used the punched out reverse circle mask to sponge some yellow where the shadow of the full moon would be.

Stamps: Serene Silhouettes, Made for You.
Paper: Midnight Muse CS, More Mustard CS, White Glossy CS, copy paper.
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals, Island Indigo, Midnight Muse, Stazon Black.
Accessories: 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Bleach, Watercolor Brush, Brayer, Sponge, post-it notes, toothpicks.

2 comments:

MOMOF2BOYS said...

I love it! I'm still practicing my brayer technique. Never thought of using bleach! ur a genious =)

Catie Cuddles said...

Gorgeous cards... Must remember bleach next time I play with these stamps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...