Monday, March 8, 2010

Silhouette Style

Rich Browns and Pinks and Mauves look so good together! For today's card I started with the stripped background paper from the Sweet Pea Paper Stack which is so gorgeous!
One of my goals this catalog year was to incorporate more Designer Series paper into my Card Layouts. I have had a few of my ladies ask me about how to do this! So I try to create one out of the two projects a month using Designer Series Paper for my stamp groups. For those of you who have been stamping for more then a decade, you probably didn't use much background paper on your cards when you first started?......I know I didn't but sometimes a small change is all that is needed to challenge an advanced stamper or even yourself!  

The Pink Houndstooth paper is from the same paper stack and each piece was sponged and layered on Chocolate chip C/S. This was such a simple card, the focal point was stamped with Chocolate chip ink and then sponged with Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink inks on Whisper White C/S. The embossed background was sponged with Chocolate Chip ink to pop out that raised texture. 
Card Supplies: Pocket Silhouettes, Whimsical Words. ~Paper: Pretty in Pink C/S, Certainly Celery C/S, Whisper White C/S, Sweet Pea Paper Stack. ~ Inks: Chocolate Chip pad, Pretty in Pink pad, Certainly Celery pad. ~ Accessories: Large Oval Punch, Wide Oval Punch, 1/16" Circle Punch, Sweet Pea Stitched felt flowers, Vintage Brads, Sponge, Big Shot, Finial Press Embossing folder.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...