Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bead Purse Necklace


My final beaded project is this cute little purse necklace. The pattern for this is the die cut purse boxes that Stampin' Up! had a couple of years ago...remember those?  I traced the die cut purse box on a sheet of copy paper and then ran it through my scanner. I printed the image much smaller and used the cut out to trace my little purse on a sheet of Pretty in Pink Cardstock. I stamped over the whole traced image with the Floral background stamp inked with Rose Red classic ink. After cutting out the purse I traced around it on a sheet of 12 x 12 Sticky Sheet. When I cut out the traced sticky sheet I made sure to cut outside the traced lines because you want the sticky sheet purse a little larger. I scored and folded the cardstock purse and then removed the sticky sheet backing. Be sure to adhere the bottom cardstock to the sticky sheet and then the sides one at a time folded and the flap last so that your folds are correctly aligned. Peel off the outside layer on the sticky sheet and using the clear micro beads cover the little purse completely. I pressed the beads into the sides and bottom and flap to get a good firm hold. The 4 bottom corners of the purse were covered with crystal effects and I adhered brass book corners onto each one for purse the feet. For the flap I used a working snap on the inside which I glued on with E6000. On each side at the top, I punched a hole with the 1/16" circle handheld punch and inserted 5 mm jumpring. The handle is a piece of cord threaded through the jumprings and tied off and to add a finishing touch is a rhinestone glued onto the outside snap. I made these little purses as gifts and once you have the patten scanned and shrunk down and cut out, it's really quite easy to make these. The corners can be adhered with hot glue too!
An updated version of this project would use the Bella Toile Background stamps and leave the hardware corners off and maybe use one of the SU ribbons in place of the cording for the handle? Endless possibilites...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is soo cute! great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...