Friday, January 29, 2010

Pastel Side Step Card

Today's Card is a 'Side Step' Card using the My Matryoshka Stamp set which is so perfect for this card! I used all the stamps in the set too! This card also features the 5 Layer Button technique and because I'm using that technique for my class on the 8th, I won't reveal how I made the button until after my class on the 8th! Although this technique is not new,  many people already know how to make these. This button was stamped and colored but I Love, Love these buttons, I could just sit and make a ton of them! Ok The card base is Pretty in Pink C/S 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" I think it's easier to mark with a ruler the two points where you will be cutting on your paper trimmer. You measure 3 1/2" on the short side in and mark at 1" from the long end then move up the card still on the long side and mark at 6 3/8" at 3 1/2" in. Those are the two points you cut between at 3 1/2" in! Then score across the card at the 4 1/4" as you would a regular card. Then score across from the cut line to the edge of card at the long end at 1", 2", 3 1/8", and 6 3/8" so these score marks are from the the cut line to the edge of the short side of the card. Be sure to score across the correct side, you should be scoring across the 3 1/2" side! So your card base is in front of you long side up and down. Your cut line is vertical and your score marks are horizontal on one side except for the 4 1/4" which goes all the way across! You may have made this Side Step card before but for those who have not, I hope this helps! Here are my supplies for this card. Paper: Pretty in Pink C/S, Whisper White C/S, SU watercolor paper (umm love it!) Inks: Staz On black, Markers: Rose red, Regal Rose, Garden Green, More Mustard, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Blush Blossom. Stamp Sets: My Matryoshka, Well Scripted. Accessories: Scallop Trim corner, Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Crystal effects, Wide oval and Scallop oval punches 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...