Thursday, February 18, 2010

Stippled Wet Inks

For this card I started with glossy cardstock, 3 ink pads and my stipple brushes. I stippled the colors over the glossy panel using a pouncing motion with the brushes and then using a wet cosmetic sponge, I dabbed it over the ink. Then I repeated those steps again and decided I liked the look, soft and muted. I stamped the background images on the stippled background and then stamped the square bird seperataly on Glossy C/S and stippled directly on that piece with just the stipple brush and no wet sponge and punched it out. I had a piece of Bride Specialty paper already punched with the Eyelet Border Punch so I added that and then I darkened the flowers, butterfly wings and Right side of the Scallop Square with the marker to give it a little detail! I decided this card wasn't too bad, I am going to play with this technique more! 
Supplies Used: Stamps: Of the Earth  (hostess set) ~ Paper: Handsome Hunter C/S, Glossy C/S, Whisper White C/S, Bride Specialty Paper. ~ Inks: Handsome Hunter Pad and Marker, Certainly Celery Pad, Garden Green Pad. ~ Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, 1/16" circle punch, Square scallop punch, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Stipple Brushes, Cosmetic sponge.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...