Friday, February 19, 2010

Wash Away Flowers

A few days of sunshine and I'm pulling out all my flower sets! LOL
For today's card I wanted a Vintage look so I stamped and watercolored the main flower pot on watercolor paper. I knew I wanted to keep the panel at 5" x 3 3/4" and not cut down the image size but it needed more. So I masked off the flower pot image and then stamped the En Francais Background stamp with Elegant Eggplant Classic ink. This was a nice look but again I wanted a Vintage, softer look so I got out my heavy watercolor brush and dipping it in water, I dropped water over the background words and then blotted it up with a paper towel. I didn't want any water to run into my flower pot so I carefully turned and slanted the panel so the water would run off the edges and away from the focal point. Also I placed different color matching ribbons across the panel but they were all too dark for me so instead of ribbon I used a 1/8' wide piece of watercolor paper washed with ink and just wrapped it around like I would my ribbon. I really like this look! Wash Away Ink Technique! 
Supplies Used: Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful, En Francais.~Paper: Watercolor Paper, Garden Green, Elegant Eggplant.~ Inks: Stazon Black, Elegant Eggplant Pad, Garden Green Pad, Bordering Blue Pad, Markers: Sahara sand, Elegant Eggplant, Mambo Melon, Rich Razzleberry, Regal Rose, Garden Green, Old Olive, More Mustard. ~Accessories: Large Oval Punch, Photo Corner Punch, Hodgepodge Styled Silver Hardware, Aqua Painter, Watercolor Brush, Crystal Effects inside the ribbon charm with Fine Cosmo Orchid Glitter sprinkled over it!

2 comments:

MaryR said...

This is so completely gorgeous! I love your coloring and the washed away ink look is beautiful. great card - thanks for sharing your creative process!

Anonymous said...

this is gorgeous Cherie!!! I love it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...